A Guide To Choosing Seasonal Wedding Flowers
Whichever theme you choose for your wedding, the seasonal wedding flowers set the tone for the perfect ambience. Flowers during their normal flowering period look fresh, crisp and blend superbly with the setting. Moreover, you get the best flowers at great value for money. Choose your theme and consult your florist for the best wedding flower ideas to suit your budget.
Some Facts About Seasonal Wedding Flowers
There are flowers that are available all round the year. Here is a list of some of them:
- Tropical flowers
There could be more, depending on where you are located. Check with your florist. He can provide you with a florist’s directory that will help you plan your flower theme in detail.
- If you have any off-season flowers in mind, here is some good news for you. There are imports from warmer climates and there are cultivators who grow out of season flowers in glass containers. So, you have a plethora of flowers that you can choose from all round the year.
- Take a stock of your flower budget. Exotic flowers can take a big bite out of your wedding finances. Be prudent while choosing flowers. An assortment of cheap wedding flowers, seasonal wedding flowers and plastic flowers can make a stunning combination within a reasonable budget. All that is needed is some planning, brilliant flower ideas, and a skilful florist to help you out.
- Think twice if you have planned a DIY decoration. There is nothing like doing it yourself if you have the inclination and the skill. It is an overwhelming feeling to see the gorgeous effect of the wedding flowers arrangement done with your own hands. However, consider some facts. A wedding is an event that would require you to focus on many other issues. You are better off leaving your wedding flower work to a professional. A wedding needs many floral arrangements to be made. Just have a look at the following list:
- Bridal bouquets
- Bridal party bouquets
- Guest book table arrangement
- Flowers for the wedding cake
- Altar and aisle arrangements
There could be many more. All the above require meticulous planning, skilful work and above all, creation of a wonderful aura. A good florist will do it all for you without any hassles.
A Brief Overview Of Seasonal Wedding Flowers
- Winter wedding flowers – We all tend to believe that winter is a bad time for flowers. That is not so. There are many winter wedding flowers available. For instance, amaryllis looks stunning as a center table decoration and holly is just the perfect flower for a Christmas wedding. White wedding flowers blend superbly with winter themes.
- Spring wedding flowers – Spring is the time when nature is at its best. The different types of flowers that are available during this time are innumerable. Think of brilliant tulips and fragrant hyacinths. Seasonal peonies make dazzling bouquets. Forsythia bears its yellow flowers in spring and Lily of the valley is hugely popular, though a bit expensive. Get in touch with your florist to get a glimpse of the entire range.
- Summer flowers – Brilliant sunshine and warm weather beckons you during summer. Summer flowers can create a dazzling theme. You have lovely blue delphiniums, beautiful gladioli and columbine. In addition, there are the all-popular roses at full bloom during the summers.
- Fall wedding flowers – Fall wedding flowers have exotic colors to match the season. Brilliant reds, fiery oranges and bright yellows blend beautifully with the season.
Every season has its own charm. Go for seasonal wedding flowers and make your wedding a day to remember.